The Vision of the Georgia Council for the Social Studies is to prepare students to be knowledgeable, effective decision makers and engaged citizens in a globally interdependent world.
Benefits of GCSS Membership
How can you keep up with what's going on in social studies education when limited personal or school system funds make it impossible to attend conferences? Nothing replaces the experience and excitement of interacting with fellow social studies teachers with similar interests, but the next best thing is membership in the Georgia Council for the Social Studies (GCSS), your state social studies professional organization.
For only $50 a year you'll receive the following membership benefits:
- News & Notes, the council e-newsletter describing new programs and resources
- Council yearbook focusing on the 2012 Presidential election, with lessons for elementary, middle, and high school students
- Special curriculum publications distributed periodically on timely topics
NETWORK WITH COLLEAGUES
- Opportunities to attend the GCSS annual meeting and special conferences on topics such as leadership, technology, and assessment.
- Awards programs including Gwen Hutcheson Outstanding Social Studies Educator recognition, the Berryman Service Award, and Programs of Excellence
- Regional and state social science fair supported by GCSS
Click here for membership form.